A full tuition fee refund, less the registration fee (CAD$300.00), will be granted if Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not issue the Study Permit. To obtain a refund, the student must provide:
- Original Letter of Rejection from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Original North York Academy ’s Official Letter of Acceptance.
- Original North York Academy ’s receipt of tuition payment.
- A written refund request by the parent with signature including the name and address of the cheque recipient.
There will be no refund of the tuition fee in the following circumstances:
- If the student chooses to withdraw for reasons other than the Study Permit has been denied by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- If the student is found in violation of school regulations and asked to withdraw from the school.
- If false medical information was given and conditions were not disclosed.
- If a student decides to drop a course for a valid reason before or within the first week of the semester, the Tuition fee will be credited to the next semester. If the student drops out after two weeks (Courses drop deadline), there will be no refund.
- The student is expected to maintain good attendance and participate in class for 110 hours in order to acquire a credit. If he/she misses five classes or 10 hours, he/she may be dropped from the class and receive no tuition refund.
- All fees are non-transferable under any conditions.
- In the event that the student’s immigration status changes during the school year, the parent of the student is to contact the Admissions Office immediately.
- Homestay Fees: If the student’s study permit has been refused, any homestay fees paid in advance will be refunded in full.